Psychic senses: In spiritualism, psychic senses used by mental mediums are sometimes defined differently than in other paranormal fields. A medium is said to have psychic abilities but not all psychics function as mediums.  The term clairvoyance, for instance, may be used by Spiritualists to include seeing spirits and visions instilled by spirits. The Parapsychological Association defines "clairvoyance" as information derived directly from an external physical source.
- Clairvoyance or "clear seeing", is the ability to see anything that is not physically present, such as objects, animals or people. This sight occurs "in the mind's eye". Some mediums say that this is their normal vision state. Others say that they must train their minds with such practices as meditation in order to achieve this ability, and that assistance from spiritual helpers is often necessary. Some clairvoyant mediums can see a spirit as though the spirit has a physical body. They see the bodily form as if it were physically present. Other mediums see the spirit in their mind's eye, or it appears as a movie or a television programme or a still picture like a photograph in their mind.
- Clairaudience or "clear hearing", is usually defined as the ability to hear the voices or thoughts of spirits. Some mediums hear as though they are listening to a person talking to them on the outside of their head, as though the Spirit is next to or near to the medium, and other mediums hear the voices in their minds as a verbal thought.
- Clairsentience or "clear sensing", is the ability to have an impression of what a spirit wants to communicate, or to feel sensations instilled by a spirit.
- Clairsentinence or "clear feeling" is a condition in which the medium takes on the ailments of a spirit, feeling the same physical problem which the spirit person had before death.
- Clairalience or "clear smelling" is the ability to smell a spirit. For example, a medium may smell the pipe tobacco of a person who smoked during life.
- Clairgustance or "clear tasting" is the ability to receive taste impressions from a spirit.
- Claircognizance or "clear knowing", is the ability to know something without receiving it through normal or psychic senses. It is a feeling of "just knowing". Often, a medium will claim to have the feeling that a message or situation is "right" or "wrong."
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Welcome to my blog. I started this website when I was gong through treatment for Breast Cancer. This is very important to me because I would like to raise awareness to other women (and men) undergoing treatment.
Larimar can aid in the process of using power and knowledge wisely. Most often with the Throat, Thymus and Heart Chakras, Larimar encourages one to speak their inner truth from the heart with complete clarity. Larimar helps to facilitate meditation and connection with Source. Its soothing energies enhance calm, bringing a gentle peace and serenity to the user. Larimar can help to ease depression and apathy.
Rhodonite can assist one in discovering your true passion, and learning brand new skills to enhance that passion, if necessary. Rhodonite encourages people to find ways to be of service to humanity and helps to draw in synchronicity related to this goal. Rhodonite can enhance power in those who have truly altruistic intentions.
Smokey Quartz works with all of the chakras, but can specifically focus its energies with the Root and Solar-Plexus Chakras. While this stone has a slow and steady energy to it, it is still very powerful in its action. Smokey Quartz can facilitate meditation, helping to deepen the state and heighten awareness, while simultaneously pulling away negative energies from the aura.
This is "Body Art" markers. My friend, Mother Moon, drew this at our craft fair on Saturday.
Abby's "Body Art." Flower with Pink Ribbon
Mother Moon's arm.
Donate to the